The CertiPUR-US® program is a voluntary testing, analysis and certification program for flexible polyurethane foam used as a cushioning material in home furnishings such as adult mattresses, crib mattresses, upholstered furniture and some accessory comfort products. Certified flexible polyurethane foams have been independently laboratory tested and certified to be your guarantee of a safe and responsible product:
- Made without ozone depleters
- Made without PBDE flame retardants
- Made without mercury, lead and other heavy metals
- Made without formaldehyde
- Made without phthalates regulated by the Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Low VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) emissions for indoor air quality (less than 0.5 parts per million)
The CertiPUR-US® program is administered by a not-for-profit organization and is the most rigorous and comprehensive certification for polyurethane foam.
The CertiPUR-US® seal is your assurance that the foam in your mattress or upholstered furniture has been tested and certified by an independent laboratory to meet specific criteria for physical performance, indoor emissions and environmental stewardship.